Competence starts with understanding your environment and how you relate to it.
- Understanding how the water moves so you can paddle efficiently and go further with less effort by not moving water.
- Understanding how your body naturally wants to move, so you feel powerful and don’t get sore and tired.
- Understanding how to wear your kayak so it moves with you as an extension to your body, so you move together with easy instead of using force.
- Understanding how your paddle interacts with the water to move you faster, and also give you the support you need to avoid capsizing when paddling in rough conditions.
- You can learn to kayak without paying much attention to how everything moves and relates to you, but it always feels harder. And you never reach the same level of mastery.
These lessons start with where you want to go. What you want to do with your kayak. And from the perspective of understanding the paddling environment, you learn to move with it with ease and elegance.
Create your own experience:
- Experience the beauty of the nearby islands in a few hours of kayaking
- Enjoy multiday trips and learn to create your own
- Develop your competence quickly using the traditional Inuit style of moving with your kayak
- Learn to paddle efficiently so you can go farther with less effort
- Learn to brace so you can feel at home in any conditions
- Learn to roll in a way that takes no effort, and brings you back up everytime
- Edging to maneuver your kayak with ease